Parasites that accelerate aging When we hear the word "old age", we quickly associate it with time. And of course, it is something that we ...
Two days ago an unfortunate news was released by Johnson & Johnson where they mention that they found a carcinogenic substance within the formulas in Neutrogena and Aveeno products. It was J & J’s own company that voluntarily released this news. Alerting consumers to discard products where the substance was found.
What substance was found?
Benzene is classified as a human carcinogen. Depending on the degree of exposure, it can cause cancer of the organs that make blood elements. This condition is called Leukemia. Or also known as Acute Myeloid Leukemia. It can also cause effects on the bone marrow and anemia. J&J stated that benzene is not an ingredient used to formulate their products. So how it appeared then is being investigated.
“Daily exposure to benzene in our aerosol sunscreen products at the levels detected in our tests should not cause adverse health consequences.” Said the company. But to safeguard the lives of consumers, aerosol sunscreens have been withdrawn from the market:
Since Neutrogena is one of the most consumed brands in the market, it was requested that in case of any problem related to the use of these products, you contact your doctor or seek medical attention if you have any questions. Inhaling benzene can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and unconsciousness. These could be some of the symptoms that exposure to benzene through products could cause. Although my intention is not to speak ill of the company, I feel that it is part of my duty to communicate what could put people’s lives at risk.
Unfortunately J & J has been involved in criticism of some of their products. Such as baby powder, vaginal mesh implants, and opioid pain relievers. The most recent, the Covid-19 vaccine that has been linked to two very rare side effects: Guillain-Barré syndrome and a life-threatening blood clotting condition. If you’re a fan of the Neutrogena brand, it wouldn’t hurt to pay your doctor a visit and make sure everything is fine. It is important to remember that we are human and we make mistakes.
Although the reason why this substance appeared in these products is still unknown, we consider that it could be due to carelessness or a reaction to the chemicals in the formulation. We will be pending.